After you installed the cart part of the shopping experience on your Squarespace site, you can show your products and a date picker anywhere on your website by pasting a simple code onto the page.
Within Squarespace, you will want to use Code Content Block on the page where your rental products are to be shown
In this code block/element, you can add any of the following codes as HTML codes to show your booqable products.
Option 1: Embed a list of products
To embed a list of your Booqable products, paste this code anywhere:
<div class="booqable-product-list"> </div>
You can add optional parameters to add a search field to:
- add a search field that filters the product list,
<div class="booqable-product-search"> </div>
- only show products with specific tags (useful to display different categories),
<div class="booqable-product-list" data-tags="tag,tag 2,tag 3"> </div>
- set the number of products displayed per page,
<div class="booqable-product-list" data-per="3"> </div>
- limit the number of products loaded altogether.
<div class="booqable-product-list" data-limit="6"> </div>
You can do any or all of these options in a single line of code as well:
<div class="booqable-product-list" data-show-search="true" data-tags="tag,tag 2,tag 3" data-per="3" data-limit="6"> </div>
Option 2: Embed single products
There are 3 different embed codes for single products, so you can embed them as:
A product card will open details (description) about the product in a pop up when clicked on
A detailed view will have the image with a description, pricing information, and an add to cart button without a pop up needed
Just a button will just have the availability, pricing information, quantity information and add to cart button from the detailed view and no product information. This is best used when incorporating Booqable onto your website that has a commerce system with products already in it!
To get the embed codes for a single product:
There are two ways to get your embed codes for specific products
1. Using the Products overview Page:
- In Booqable, go to Products
- Hover over the embed button to see and copy the embed code for a product. There are 3 different embed codes depending on how you'd like the product to display:
2. Going into your specific product and getting the embed code from settings
Recommended Addition to your website: Embed a date picker
Let your customers select their desired rental period anywhere from your website, and show them real-time availability.
To embed a date picker, simply paste this shortcode in any page or post: