Tags may be your answer if you are your team are wanting an easily way to find products, orders, and customers in your Booqable account.
Perhaps you have a lot of different product types, and wish to find that one small camera cable for example. Or perhaps you want to mark some orders as 'pickup', and others as 'delivery'.
Instead of searching page-by-page in your Booqable account, the following article will guide you through how to use searchable tags to get you there faster.
How it works
Tags are descriptive titles that you can attach to products, customers, or orders in Booqable in order to quickly filter through pages in your account.
1. Adding a product tag
Product tags help to find specific types of products faster, by appearing in a list on the left-hand side of the Inventory page for you to quickly bring up a list of similar items.
1. Click into the Inventory page, and into an individual product.
2. Go to the right hand side of the screen. Click the Tags button to describe the category of this product, such as 'Dining'.
3. Back on the Inventory page, you can now select the searchable tag to the left of the screen under Tag, and the products under that tag will appear.
2. Embedding tagged products on your website
Once you have organized your products with tags, you can embed an entire catalogue of one products tag onto specific webpages of your rental website.
Perhaps you want to add a featured product section to your website, showing only a catalogue of products under the 'Dining' tag for example.
Fortunately, you can use the tags for this. All you need to do is add the following codes to your website, and follow the previous step to assign products to a tag on the Inventory page.
1. For most website-builders, you can add the following HTML code block into your desired product page.
<div class="booqable-product-list" data-tags="tag,tag 2,tag 3"> </div>
2. For Wordpress websites, you can add the following short-code block into your desired product page.
[booqable_list tags="tag,tag 2"]
3. Adding an order tag
You may wish to filter your orders by payment method, orders made by VIP customers, or orders with a late returned or a lost item. You can do that directly from each individual order's page in Booqable.
1. On the individual order's page, you can add a searchable tag on the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
2. In the search bar of the Orders page, you can now bring up all orders under this tag. Customers do not see their tags within the back end, this is just for you and your team to view.
4. Adding a customer tag
Whether you want to mark someone as a VIP customer, or you wish to flag a banned customer, tags can help you find specific customers faster. You can even use these tags in the orders page search bar when creating a new order from the backend.
1. In the Customers page, click into an individual customer profile.
2. On the right hand side of the screen, add a Tag.
3. You can now search the customer tag from within the customer search bar, and you will get a list of people who have that tag!
You're all set!
You have now successfully learnt how to organise your rental management account through the use of tags in Booqable.