Categories are great way to separate your inventory on your online store, to easily guide your customers to the products they are looking for.
You must only follow the tutorial below if you have integrated Booqable with a website provided by a third-party platform like Shopify, Wordpress, Squarespace, or Weebly.
If you have created a website with the Booqable Rental Website Builder, you can follow the article linked below to learn how to use the Collections feature instead.
How it works
The main purpose of this feature is to be able to separate your products into categories on your online store. You can create categories, and subcategories, that will generate a category list that you can include on your different webpages.
1. Create a category
1. In your Booqable admin, go to Settings > Preferences > Categories.
2. Scroll to the Categories section and click "New category".
3. Give your category a Name.
5. Under Products, add the products you wish to include in this category. If you wish to create subcategories for this category in the next chapter, you can skip this step.
6. Enable Show in online store to display this category in your online store's category list.
4. Click Save.
2. Create a subcategory
If needed, you can add a subcategory to this category as well.
Subcategories allow you to create sections within a category to separate your products even more.
1. Click back into your newly created category.
2. Click New subcategory.
3. Give your subcategory a Name.
4. Under Products, add the products you wish to add to this subcategory.
5. Enable Show in online store to display this subcategory in your online store's category list.
6. Click Save.
3. Add a category of products to your website
When you add Booqable to your website; you can embed list of categories, a list of products from one or more categories, or a combination of both.
1. Show a category list that filters product lists on the same page.
2. Show a product list, which is a catalogue display of a group of product cards, which only includes products from one or more particular categories.
<div class="booqable-product-list" data-categories="photo cameras, video cameras"></div>
[booqable_list categories="photo cameras, video cameras"]
1. How are tags different to categories?
Tags are a Booqable tool you can use to organise your products primarily on the backend. Just like categories do for your online store, tags create a clickable list of different product categories on your Booqable inventory page.
You cannot include a tag under a category list on your online store, which is why categories exist for that very purpose.
However, you can read the FAQ below to learn how you can optimize tags to include specific tagged products within your categories on your rental website
2. Can I combine categories and tags in one product list?
Yes! You can embed a combination of categories and tags in one product list on your online store.
For example, you may have tagged certain products with the tag 'Canon' on the backend, and placed only some of these tagged products under the category 'Large cameras'.
You can use the below code format to show only the tagged products that fall under a certain category.
<div class="booqable-product-list" data-categories="photo cameras" data-tags="canon"></div>
[booqable_list categories="photo cameras" tags="canon, nikon"]