PayPal is one of two methods you can use to enable online payments in Booqable.
By connecting your Booqable account to PayPal; you can allow your customers to pay with either their PayPal account, or using a credit/debit card if they are not yet a PayPal user.
How it works
1. Connecting with Paypal
The first step you will need to take is to connect your Booqable account to your PayPal account.
Go to Settings > Payment providers
Click Connect with PayPal to open up a new window that will take you to PayPal.
Log in to your PayPal account. If you don't have an account yet, click Sign up.
Once you have completed the setup, close the new window and return to Booqable to start accepting PayPal payments.
2. Enable payments in the online checkout
If you wish to charge customers on the online store, you will need to make sure you have set the right amount to be charged at the online checkout.
1. Go to Settings > Online reservations > Checkout > Payments in checkout.
2. Make the correct selection from the dropdown menu, and enable the refundable security deposit to be due at checkout if you wish.
3. Charge customers online, through PayPal
1. Once customers reach your online checkout and complete the required information fields, they can click 'Continue to payment' and end up at a page like below.
2. From there, they can click the button to be redirected to the paypal login page like below. They will be able to choose between logging into their PayPal account to approve the payment, or enter their card details instead with Pay with a Card. This is a great option if your customers do not already have a PayPal account.
3. If customers click Pay with a card, they can enter their email address to continue checking out at a guest.
The charge will be processed and the funds will soon appear in the PayPal account you have connected to Booqable!
4. Charging on manual orders.
To charge credit cards directly for payment and authorizations, you will have to connect your Booqable account to Stripe.
If PayPal is your only option, in order to take a payment for manual orders, you will have to login to your PayPal account directly and send what is known as a payment request.
Follow the link below for more details.
5. Refunding through PayPal.
To process a refund for a Booqable order that has been paid for using PayPal, you will have to complete the process within your PayPal account - not your Booqable account.
You can follow the instructions in the link below.
1. Once you have refunded from PayPal, click into your Booqable account and go to the Orders page.
8. Click into the order with the recently refunded transaction.
9. In the Payments section (on the right hand side of the page), hover your mouse over the original payment received through PayPal.
10. Click the Refund link that will appear, and click Register refund. This will rewind the order's payment status to 'Payment due' so you and your team know that this order is still without payment.
You're all set!
You have now successfully learnt how to accept online payments by connecting your Booqable account to PayPal.