This article will guide you through how you can easily add links to different website pages and sections to direct your customers through your site. You will also learn the the difference between adding internal and external links, and the best times to do so.
You can also add links to your menu bar. To learn more about this, click here.
How it works
There are several areas on your website where you can add internal and external links, including columns, and image with text sections.
These links are created through buttons you can input into columns and images with text sections. You can choose the text, colour, and redirect link of your choice for these buttons, which is most effective for encouraging your customers to perform an action like 'Browse products' or 'Request a quote'.
1. Adding links in columns
You can add links to columns through the button options while editing the content you want to show.
1. Click the Add section button and choose Column.
2. Then, open up the settings for the section you where you want to add a link.
3. Scroll down to the button settings and add a label. This will be what the button says on your website.
4. You can then choose to add an internal or external link. To add an internal link, click filed labeled select. You will then be given a list of pages to choose from.
To add an external link, you can simply paste the link into the field and click "Create [web address]". For this example, we will use Booqable's homepage.
5. Then, you can choose how you want to display the link. You can display it as highlighted text or as a button. In addition, you can choose the color of both the button and the text, as well as the size of the button.
2. Add links to images with text
The above method of adding a link applies to both columns and image with text sections.
The only difference between images with text sections is the image you'll need to input into the section, as well as the supporting text.