Writing individual emails to customers can be a time-consuming task that can take valuable hours out of your team's work-day.
Thankfully, Booqable allows you to create and store email templates in settings, to send to your customers from the order screen in the click of a button.
These templates use variable fields that you can use in your templates to automatically input the customers details (like name, address, extra information), product details, and order details into the email.
This reduces the risk of human error when writing out customer and order details, and means you never have to write out a repetitive email again!
How it works
To create and adjust an email template, login to your Booqable account and go to Settings > Emails.
You'll notice there are two types of email templates, automatic and manual emails.
1. Adjust automatic emails
This includes all emails that Booqable sends automatically on you behalf, during different times of the order.
The online reservation confirmation, for example, is sent to your customers automatically after they placed an order from your website.
1. Click into the automatic email you wish to edit.
2. Edit the email text with whichever adjustments you wish.
3. To add a variable to bring up automatically populated text, such as the customer name, click on the Variables link on the left side of the screen. This will open up a list of variables for you to add to this email.
4. To adjust the formatting and design of this email, click the link Markdown styling in the left side of the screen to bring up the email styling guide.
5. When you are happy with your changes, click Save.
2. Manual emails
Manual emails are those you can click on from the Template drop-down menu on the Send email pop-up on any order within your Booqable account.
They are useful for a wide variety of purpose, such as sending an email confirming the reservation of an order, or a supporting email for an invoice attachment.
You can adjust the emails we already have created for you, and add new templates of your own.
1. Under manual emails, click the button for Add email template.
2. Set up your email template settings.
3. Set a template name, this is used for you and your team to recognise a template before sending it off the order screen, and is not visible to customers.
4. Set the Template available when viewing setting to determine if you can select this template when sending an email, when viewing an order, when viewing a customer, when viewing an invoice/quote/contract, or all four options.
5. Set the email Subject. This is the email subject line that your customers will see when receiving the email.
6. Create the email Message. This is the main content of the email template.
7. To add a variable to bring up automatically populated text, such as the customer name, click on the Variables link on the left side of the screen. This will open up a list of variables for you to add to this email.
8. To adjust the formatting and design of this email, click the link Markdown styling in the left side of the screen to bring up the email styling guide.
9. When you are happy with your changes, click Save.
You're all set!
You have now successfully learned how to create and adjust email templates in Booqable.