Your rental items are the heart of your rental store.
That is why businesses from around the world choose to track their rental stock items individually, to always remain updated on where their items are out of store, and when they coming back.
The following article will guide you through how easy it is to track rental stock items individually in Booqable.
How it works
For trackable products, you track and manage each stock item individually, instead of in a bulk quantity.
Each stock item will be assigned an adjustable product identifier, for you to attach to orders as the product is reserved in your rental store.
1. On the Products page, click Add product.
2. Go through the necessary steps to name your product, and select Rental product as your product type.
3. As the tracking method options appear, click Track individually.
4. Complete the other steps on this page, including if you wish to seperate these stock items by colour, size, or more by Enabling variations, and hit Save.
1. Add stock, and adjust product identifiers
Each stock item can have a unique identifier that helps you track it throughout Booqable. The system automatically assigns a product identifier as add new stock, but you can (and ideally should) adjust it to add your own.
1. On the Inventory panel, click Add stock items.
2. Complete the steps of adding your Quantity of stock, and assigning the stock to a store or warehouse Location (optional).
3. Under Stock item identifiers, this is where instead of using a serial number or barcode, you can alternatively set your own. Try picking something short, readable, and instantly recognizable.
6. Optionally, you can open More options to create expected and temporary stock (see next chapter below).
5. Click Add stock item.
2. Create expected and temporary stock
If you plan to have more stock in the future, or sub-rent to solve a shortage, you can create expected and temporary stock items.
These items will become part of your regular inventory once they surpass the available from date. Temporary items will automatically become unavailable once they exceed the available until date.
1. When you add new stock for this product, open the More options tab.
2. Choose between the Long-term use or Temporary use option.
3. Add your Available from date to set the date this stock will become available in your store.
4. Click Add stock item to save this new stock.
3. Check the stock item status
The status property tells you the current state of a stock item, so you know whether it's in your warehouse or out with a customer.
You can find this in the Inventory panel under your rental products, seen through the colour coded circle for each rental stock items.
Green symbolizes available for pickup, orange symbolizes out with a customer.
3. Add custom product fields
You can add custom properties to provide some more context with each stock item.
Typical attributes are purchase dates, warehouse locations, and more. Remember that custom properties are for internal use, and are only visible in the inventory screen of a product.
5. Remove trackable stock items
To remove stock, click the Archive button at the end of the row on the Inventory panel of the product, which decommissions the stock item.
You're all set!
You have now successfully learned how to track rental stock items individually in Booqable.