Accepting online payments from your rental website is the framework of opening up an uncapped avenue of income, no matter the time of day.
Customers can pay online for an order whether you are in or out of operating hours, and this article will show you how easy it is to set this up.
How it works
In order to charge credit and debit cards from the online checkout of your rental website, you will need to connect to a payment gateway first.
1. Connect to a payment gateway
Go to Settings > Payment providers.
You will see the option to connect your online checkout to either Stripe, or Paypal.
2. Choose how much customers are charged at checkout
You can be in full control of how much of the order amount your customers are due to pay on the online checkout.
1. Go to Settings > Online reservations > Checkout > Payments in Checkout.
2. Choose from the dropdown menu the amount of each reservation that you wish to charge your customers. This will apply to every order placed online.
For example, you might want to only charge 20% in advance for online reservations. Choose 'Require part (%) of order amount' from the menu, and enter in the percentage you wish to charge.
3. Choose whether to include the security deposit.
You can choose whether you wish to add the security deposit on top of this payment. If you don't want to charge the security deposit at checkout, which is an especially useful method for large or expensive orders, toggle this setting off.
1. Tick or untick the checkbox titled 'Refundable damage deposit is due at checkout'.
You're all set!
You have now successfully learned how to accept online payments in Booqable.